Friday, December 22, 2006

Why We Fight?

The Global Outrage of an Educated Man........vol.38
 
"Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it." William Penn
 
Ladies and gentlemen, I come to you today with an announcement. I am going on a hiatus. That's correct, I am taking a leave for a short while and I do not know when I'll be back. Like all pilgrims, I must take a journey of my own.
 
I have come to the conclusion that I need to take a much needed rest from trying to stop the evils of society. I recognize that in most cases it is futile. Not much is going to stop the machine from continuing to roll down the course that it's on and certainly not the rants of an almost 30 year old with too much spare time on his hands.
 
"When I despair, I remember that all through history, the way of the truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall, always." Mahatma Gandhi
 
I must focus my efforts and concentration on something more worthwhile, my blossoming work of fiction.
 
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." Saint Francis
 
So, I am laying down the gauntlet for now, with the hope that someone other than myself will pick it up and continue the fight for the interim. With that, I leave you to fight your own battles for yourselves and to educate yourselves on your own time.  Remember this, I may be taking a break, but I am certainly not giving up. I will be back.
 
"A man is what he is, not what he used to be." Yiddish Proverb

"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Much love peace and happiness. So, until next time, keep your eyes open and continue to listen for the buzzing sound of the coming plague of locusts.

No comments: