Friday, December 22, 2006

Some like it Hot

The Global Outrage of an Educated Man.......vol.42
 
 
 
"If I try to be like him, who will be like me?" Yiddish Proverb
 
Good evening to all of those recovering from the heat, standing in front of the freezer with the door open and thanking their lucky stars that the age old myth of global warming doesn't rear its ugly head once again. We would all like to thank our air conditioning units alot more after the past week wouldn't we. We found ourselves putting ice into everything. And people long ago never dared to do that to their coffee. Now Starbucks makes a fortune off of it. Oh, how the times have changed. Go figure.
Al Gore has become more popular than the internet that he created. Who would have thought. But, on a slightly different tangent but not altogether distant road, I, being the stereotypical stubborn German-Irishman found myself resisting once again the simplicity of shelling out a few extra dollars or putting in the time to install a "working" air conditioner into my apartment. So I vacationed at a hotel for a couple of nights. Put it on the card. Smart. Very smart. It's the American way. Only the temptation of a Marilyn from decades gone by could have convinced me to install one, because when you are single, you find yourself telling yourself, I can handle it, but knowing it would all change if there were someone there to tell you, hey, look it's been real, but I have had enough, I found someone with air, nice to meet ya.
 
I may be educated, but I am not brilliant, I never said that, on that I think we all agree.
 
"Lives based on having are less free than lives based on doing or being."  E.Y. Harburg
 
And things are sure heating up aren't they people.  We had the U.N Secretary General Kofi Annan stating that Israel intentionally targeted a U.N. outpost, killing 2 U.N. "peacekeepers" (oxymoron-if I ever heard one when it comes to the sand duels of the middle east) helping to impose the prophesy of the Book of Revelations that states the nations of the world would turn against Israel. Israel then, doesn't help it's cause either by bombing a house in Lebanon, killing up to 30 children while they slept. Oh well, just some more collateral damage. Oooops! Just wait till Syria and Iran get into the mix, things will really be heating up won't they.
 
Any one for a blackout? Just go ask anyone in NYC.
 
And anyone remember what were doing in Iraq? Nice going Hillary, really non-partisan.
Please don't vote for her in 08'. Please. She may be the Anti-Christ. Look at her. Does it seem that far fetched?
 
Must run. Please do yourselves all a favor and watch V for Vendetta. Hell, I watch FOX News for entertainment. Until we meet again. Cheerio.
 
I  love each and everyone of you. I do.
 
"We must adjust to changing times and still hold to unchanging principles." Jimmy Carter

No comments: