Monday, January 19, 2009

"Please to meet you, hope you guessed my name..." The Stones

The Global Musings of an Educated Man......vol.102
 
 
The Arizona Cardinals are in the Superbowl???!!! Canadian Geese take down a commercial airliner on Thursday in New York City, plunging it into the Hudson River, and all of it caught on tape. The landing I mean. What is going on with the birds these days? Is it the year of the Bird? The crashing of a plane, onto a very frigid river into a heavily populated area in January 2009 and footage of that plane crashing into the river and yet, still, there is no visible and discernible proof released from our government of a plane hitting the Pentagon on 9/11???!!!. I'm still scratching my head over that one. It's not going to go away anytime soon. There is still something very rotten in the state of Denmark. Like MLK, I have a dream. That one day we'll know the truth of what happened. I know that I'm naive and possibly crazy for believing that, but I have to hang on to hope. It's all we seem to have these days. And finally, I'm very suspicious of the fan fare that has been given to Obama's inauguration. I know that it's historic and that it's a sign of how far we've come as country and I'm proud of that, but I cannot remember there ever being so much media coverage and media dry humping over one man. I hope that he does have some answers to our country's ills, but putting all of our faith into one man is what happened to Germany. It's very eerie to me, to see a special on HBO with a concert for the man, and Bruce Springsteen is there, and Beyonce and Stevie Wonder and Garth Brooks, and he hasn't even done anything yet? Am I being racist for simply being cautious? I voted for the man, but then again he was the lesser of two evils and Ron Paul never had a chance, and Wellstone was murdered. Never before in the history of politics has a man risen so far so fast, and he's already got two autobiographies. Two. If ever there was a candidate for the anti-christ, he would have to be on the short list. Look at all of the power and control that we've got centralized into the office of the President in just the past 8 years. He's had a pretty good set up reliever for him in George W. Bush and his administration, now all he has to do is close the thing out. I hope to God he doesn't. But it does seem quite surreal what's happening nowadays and the falling over each other the major media outlets have done to get close to the man. So, I am keeping my eyes on the road ahead and both hands on the wheel. Until next time, open arms and open minds.
 
"We don't get fooled again...." The Who


Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. See how it works.

No comments: