Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm going to catch hell for this one.......

The Global Musings of an Educated Man.....vol.101
 
 
It is only fitting that the first of the new century of Global Musings be on the night of his farewell address. I feel empathy for him as I do President Nixon. It has to be the most challenging job in the world, but one that he wanted and maybe stole in 2000?? But I digress. In his eight years as president, we've seen 9/11, the invasion and hopefully liberation and birth of democracy in Afghanistan and Iraq. We've witnessed Guantanamo Bay and Abu Graib. We've been through Katrina and now the economic crisis, and we've left no child behind in the process. They just have to run to catch up. He inherited a recession and he's leaving a recession. What must be going through his mind these days? "Please, please, may history show me to be correct." We've gone 7 years without a terrorist attack in the U.S., and to me that is not surprising. I know I am going to ruffle some feathers here I am sure, but that is one of the greatest ideals of this country, the freedom of speech. But wasn't it amazing to see how well he responded to 9/11 and then how horribly he did to Hurricane Katrina? Could it be that he saw one coming and the other he didn't? I will say that for me, it doesn't seem far fetched for the powers that be, the men and women behind the politicians, pushing a global government, to use him as the puppet they needed to have at the time and the place. The United States ended World War II by dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan and killing 200,000 people. Would 3,000 casualties on 9/11 be such a horrible consequence to start a war that will never end in order for them to continue their quest for a one world government? Because in order to have a one world government, you must have an enemy to rally against. The war on terror. It has no defined boundaries, only ideology, and any country can be invaded in pursuit of it. Nation states are slowly going the way of the dodo, and we will only have markets. But maybe it's all for the good? Maybe we only have till December 21st 2012 anyway? I don't know, I just like thinking is all.
 
"Our country is now geared to an arms economy bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and an incessant propaganda of fear." General Douglas MacArthur
 
"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home." James Madison
 
In Gaza right now, 1000 Palestinians are dead, 1/3 of them children. Israel has lost 13 people. 1000 to 13. Seems fair doesn't it?  I'm not taking sides but if I were a Palestinian living in Gaza, HAMAS would have another soldier, and if I were living in Israel and being threatened by rockets fired from Gaza, I would want justice too. But, can Israel go about it another way please? Do they really think that by taking out HAMAS, that anti-Israel emotions will subside? Do they not realize that by cutting off the head of HAMAS, another will simply grow in its place. Or is this current military action in Gaza necessary to ratchet up the war machines of the world once again? Are we going to be asked in the coming months to start taking sides?
 
"I hope our wisdom will grow with our power, and teach us that the less we use our power the greater it will be." Thomas Jefferson
 
"It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world." George Washington
 
4 more days to go, but the cynic in me thinks that Barack will be little different. They will say and do anything to get elected, and he's already got the media wrapped around his little finger. I hope I'm wrong. I really do. And it is just that he be sworn in the day after MLK day. Funny how these things work out. So, until next time, open arms and open minds.
 



Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Chat. Store. Share. Do more with mail. See how it works.

No comments: